No need is too small and no voice is too quiet to be heard. We will devote the time and energy necessary to help those people obtain what they need.
- CIIRSA Women and Children Association supports the needs of women and children in our community.
- CIIRSA provides Basic and Level II Computer Classes
- Provide resettlement services to refugees and other immigrants.
- Provide referrals to community resources and other support with compassion and efficiency.
- Participate in group or private dialogue with various government departments/agencies concerned with immigration, resettlement or the general welfare of refugees & immigrants.
- Provide assistance including advocacy to all newcomers to Canada who may be in need of such assistance.
- Providing emergency support (food, clothing, etc.)
- Interact with sister agencies to provide a complete spectrum of services for newcomer’s needs and members.
- Provide assistance to ethnic non-political associations at their request in order to enable them to better serve their own communities.
- Provide sponsorship for refugees on an on-going basis, subject to acceptable resettlement arrangements.
- Respond to unforeseen displacements of people that may require assistance including that of sponsorship.
- Family violence support services
- Clothing, furniture, and household goods
- Emergency and long-term shelter
- Social Assistance – applications and appeals
- Budget Counselling
- Employment Counselling
- Preparation for employment including:
- English as a second language courses
- Courses to obtain Canadian equivalent certification for foreign training/diplomas or degrees
- Job safety courses including WHIMIS training, first aid, and CPR, etc
- Contact Potential Employers